Effective Dec. 1, all hearings originally scheduled for South Kohala District Court will be held at the Keahuolu Courthouse (Kona) or Hale Kaulike Courthouse (Hilo). For assistance, call 808-322-8700 (Keahuolu) or 808-961-7470 (Hale Kaulike) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Client Victim Services
Adult Client Services of the First Judicial Circuit provides services to assist victims and their families as they proceed through the criminal justice system.
If you or someone close to you has been a victim of crime, you may feel that your life has been deeply changed and that you’ve lost your sense of safety and well-being in the community. In this section, you’ll find information about:
- Your rights as a victim of a criminal act
- How Adult Client Services assists crime victims
- How to submit a victim impact statement
- Sentencing of the offender
- How to seek restitution from the offender
- How to seek government compensation for certain types of crimes
- How to be notified or comment on an offender’s transfer request to another state
- Where to go for help
If you are already receiving assistance from Victim Witness Kokua Services (Department of the Prosecuting Attorney), we will work with them to provide services to you.
This service is based on the Hawaii State Judiciary’s principles of Restorative Justice, which focuses on restoring loss to victims and bringing peace to the community. It also is based on the concept of Pono Kaulike, aiming to preserve equal rights and justice for all.