***All payments are non-refundable***
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Access Documents on eCourt* Kokua
Public, Confidential and Older Documents
Public case documents are generally available for regular copies, with a file stamp, or certified copies, with certified stamp, on eCourt Kokua. Please note:
- If there is no PDF icon displayed on the docket entry in eCourt Kokua, then the document is not available online.
- Confidential cases and sealed documents are not available on eCourt Kokua.
- Older case documents are not available in eCourt Kokua:
- District Court civil cases: no documents filed prior to October 7, 2019
- Circuit Court civil cases: no documents filed prior to October 28, 2019
- Land Court and Tax Appeal Court cases: no documents filed prior to November 18, 2019
- Family Court civil cases: no documents filed prior to April 25, 2022
Hard Copy Document Request and View Access from the Courthouse
Hard copies may be requested by contacting the following courthouses:
- Appellate Courts and First Circuit (City and County of Honolulu)
- Second Circuit (Maui County)
- Third Circuit (Hawaii County)
- Fifth Circuit (Kauai County)
Hard Copy Costs
- Individual documents, from 1-30 pages, cost a flat rate of $3.
- For document exceeding 30 pages, each additional page costs $.10.
Public Access to View Documents
- Most courthouses have public access terminals for viewing documents on-screen at no charge.
- To find locations of public kiosk use the contact links above.
Purchasing Documents/Subscriptions Online
***All Payments are non-refundable***
Individual publicly available documents may be purchased through eCourt Kokua by clicking on the document PDF icon on the case dockets tab.
- Individual documents from 1-30 pages cost a flat rate of $3.
- Documents exceeding 30 pages, will cost 10 cents for each additional page.
Purchasing a Subscription
If you plan to download documents frequently, you might want to consider becoming a subscriber which entitles you to unlimited downloads of digital public records, as indicated with a PDF icon. Subscriptions are purchased for a specified period of time (quarterly or yearly):
IMPORTANT: Subscription purchases are non-refundable. Do not subscribe unless you are sure you want a subscription.
- Quarterly subscriptions cost $125.
- Yearly subscriptions cost $500.
Click the link, for instructions on purchasing a document subscription.
JEFS users (attorneys or firm staff) may view/print all available documents for cases in their Manage My Cases/Firm Cases function. There is no cost to access them. However, if you plan to download documents for cases to which you are not a party, then you may want to consider becoming a document subscriber (see above for cost information).
eCourt* Kokua Help
Browser & Network Recommendations for eCourt Kokua
eCourt Kokua supports the two most recent major versions of the following browsers:
- Desktop (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Chrome (Google)
- Firefox (Mozilla)
- Safari (Apple)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- IE (Microsoft, until Jun-2022)
While mobile versions of Chrome, Safari, and native Android browsers may work, support is limited to desktop clients.
Supported PDF software:
- Acrobat Reader 2020 or higher
- Acrobat Standard 2017 or higher
- Acrobat Pro 2020 or higher
Some businesses or routers may block internet traffic on ports like 8080, on its own line. Please contact your IT support if you are unable to access http://jimspss1.courts.state.hi.us:8080/eCourt/
Users encountering problems with the CAPTCHA feature on the Disclaimer page should refer to the operating system and browser version recommendations above.
Contact eCourt Kokua
For questions call 808-539-4909 Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays, or email your question to email@example.com.
*Disclaimer: The Hawaii Judiciary is not affiliated with Sustain Technologies, Inc. or with eCourt, which is a registered trademark of Sustain Technologies, Inc.