Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators
Pursuant to Act 103, the Family Court provides a Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators (see links by circuit on right) to assist litigants and their attorneys in finding professionals who are willing and available to perform custody investigations and evaluations. Under Act 103, to be a child custody evaluator, the professional must be a:
- Physician under HRS chapter 453 who has completed a residency in psychiatry, or
- Board Certified Psychiatrist, or
- Psychologist under HRS chapter 465, or
- Marriage and Family Therapist under HRS chapter 451J, or
- Clinical Social Worker under HRS § 467E-7(3) AND have an active license from the Professional and Vocational Licensing (PVL) Division of the Hawai‘i State Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
The Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators includes the names of the professionals, the circuit/island where they work, their addresses, telephone number, language(s) they speak and fee per hour.
NOTE: The Hawai‘i State Judiciary/Family Court does not endorse any professional or agency on the Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators. The professionals and agencies on the Registry are not employees or agencies of the Hawai‘i State Judiciary or the Family Court.
Arrangements to engage the services of any professional or agency on the Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators are independent contracts between those professionals and agencies and the party engaging their services, to which the Hawai‘i State Judiciary/Family Court is not a party. The court does not endorse, evaluate, supervise, or monitor the private child custody evaluators.
Any person currently licensed by the PVL in the professions enumerated above who wishes to be included in the Registry of Private Child Custody Evaluators must submit a “Declaration of Private Child Custody Evaluator Regarding Qualifications, Contact Information, and Fees (Declaration Form), to each circuit where you are willing to work.
Child Custody Evaluator Registry Forms: