Family Court Civil JEFS Info Page
New Family Court filing fees in paternity actions (per Act 91 of 2022, effective 6/17/2022):
Until the correct cost for the paternity filing is updated, please select ‘Pay Later’ to avoid payment adjustments.
Petition: Total $265 (includes initial filing fee $100; surcharge $65; computer system surcharge $50; and parent education surcharge $50)
Motions: No filing fee
Go to eCourt Kokua for traffic; District/Circuit/Family criminal; District/Circuit/Family civil; Land and Tax Appeal court; and appellate court case information. (Hoʻohiki is no longer accessible effective 5 p.m. on Friday, April 22.)
For case-specific or court operational policy questions (e.g., correcting an e-filing mistake, removing an attorney from a case, case and document confidentiality questions) please contact the respective Circuit:
First Circuit, Honolulu 808-954-8101, or email FCCivil.1CC@courts.hawaii.gov
Second Circuit, Maui 808-244-2998, or email DCCrim.2DC@courts.hawaii.gov
Third Circuit, Hilo 808-961-7400; 808-961-7500, or email CFC.3CC@courts.hawaii.gov
Third Circuit, Kona 808-443-2112, or email CFC.3CC@courts.hawaii.gov
Fifth Circuit, Kauai 808-482-2673, or email JIMSQUERY.5CC@courts.hawaii.gov
This Help Line information is also available in JEFS Help section on eFiling page.
- Reminder: Improper use of the Judiciary Electronic Filing and Service System to gain access to confidential records, records filed under seal, or in-camera may be subject to user sanctions.
- Family Court Civil JEFS Town Hall Meetings Complete
Town hall meetings were held April 1 (court rule changes) and April 8 (operational changes). See presentations below under Resources – System Manuals, Guides, Presentations.
- Family Court Civil JEFS User Training Complete
Training sessions were held in March via Zoom. This training was recommended to prepare users for the launch of efiling in Family Court civil cases on April 25, 2022. If you missed this training, the FC JEFS Training video is now available.
- JEFS Introductory Training Complete
JEFS Introductory Training sessions were held via Zoom on March 10, 11, and 14. This training was recommended for those who have not used JEFS for electronic filing and wanted to learn the basics before Family Court Civil efiling launches on April 25. If you missed this training, the JEFS Intro Training video is now available.
- JEFS Intro Training (3/2022)
- JEFS Case Creation (3/2022)
- JEFS Manage Cases (3/2022)
- JEFS Manage Payments (3/2022)
- JEFS Submit Filing on Existing Case (3/2022)
- FC JEFS Training (3/2022)
- FC JEFS Town Hall Meeting on Court Rule Changes (4/1/2022)
- FC JEFS Town Hall Meeting on Court Operational Changes (4/8/2022)
System Manuals, Guides, Presentations
- JEFS Civil User Manual (1/2022)
– District, Circuit, Family, Land and Tax Appeal Courts
- FC JEFS Town Hall Meeting – Court Rules (4/1/2022)
- FC JEFS Town Hall Meeting – Operations (4/8/2022)
- FC JEFS Town Hall Meeting – Operations PPT w/ notes (4/8/2022)
- FC Civil JEFS FAQs (4/8/2022)
FC Civil JEFS User Guides for Attorneys
- First Circuit (5/5/2022)
- Second Circuit (4/7/2022)
- Third Circuit (4/7/2022)
- Fifth Circuit (4/11/2022)
- Hawaii Electronic Filing and Service Rules: Other civil-related court rules changes are summarized in the JEFS User Guides for attorneys.
If you need an accommodation for a disability when participating in a court program, service, or activity, please contact one of the Disability Accommodations Coordinators as far in advance as possible to allow time to provide an accommodation. You are also welcome to send an e-mail to email@example.com or complete the Disability Accommodation Request Form. The Disability Accommodations Coordinator will try to provide, but cannot guarantee, the requested auxiliary aid, service, or accommodation.