Hawaii Bar Exam Where & When
Applicants who met the admission requirements for the September 2020 bar examination can be admitted temporarily as an attorney in the State of Hawaii without taking the upcoming written examination by electing to be admitted via provisional license. These applicants must take a later bar examination prior to July 1, 2022, the expiration date of the provisional license. Prior to the start of the September 2020 bar exam, applicants may also choose to defer sitting for the exam to a later exam date. For either option, the applicant would not be required to pay an additional application fee.
If you wish to choose either option — deferral or provisional license — please send an email to email@example.com with your written request.
By order of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii, the Hawaii bar exam originally scheduled for July 28-29, 2020, will now be held September 9-10, 2020 at the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Hawaii Convention Center, Kamehameha II Exhibit Hall, 1801 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
The deadline to submit your application was extended to May 1, 2020.
Also, the June 2020 Hawaii Professionalism Course which is currently scheduled for Saturday, June 6, 2020 is cancelled. Any person eligible to take the June 2020 course will be given an additional six months to comply with RSCH Rule 1.14(a).
- Contact Us
- ADA Policy & Instructions for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations
- Board of Examiners Rules
- Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii, Rule 1
Bar Application and Related Links
- eBar Application
- Bar Application Instructions
- ExamSoft Laptop Testing Registration
- National Conference of Bar Examiners
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Contacts for Certificates of Good Standing
- eBar App Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms (Download and Print)
- Hawaii Bar Exam Components and Subjects
- Hawaii Bar Exam Where & When
- Paper Application for Bar Exam
- Scanning Documents