Civil JEFS Info
October 7: District Court Civil is live
October 28: Circuit Court Civil
November 18: Land Court and Tax Appeal Court
NOTE: Improper use of the Judiciary Electronic Filing and Service System to gain access to confidential records or records filed under seal or in-camera may subject the user to sanctions.
New or updated resources: See below in the Resources section.
- 2019 JIMS JEFS Handout (distributed at Bench Bar Conference 10/11/19)
- October HBJ e-Journal (Civil JEFS article)
- Updated FAQs (10/14/19)
- Quick Guide to JEFS Resources (10/3/19)
- Civil Filing Fees (9/30/19)
- Civil Docket Codes with Category (10/2/19)
- JEFS User Guides for attorneys:
First Circuit (10/11/19)
Second Circuit (10/4/19)
Civil JEFS in-person/Webex training are now complete. If you missed the training sessions or want to review them, you may watch the videos (see below):
Level I. JEFS 101 Overview Videos
If you do not currently use JEFS (Judiciary Electronic Filing and Service System) for electronic filing, we recommend you watch the following videos before the Civil JEFS training videos:
Level II. Civil JEFS Training Presentations
Level II. Civil JEFS Training Videos
Note: In reference to “State of Hawaii agencies” in the video, this is regarding Approved Government Agency Partners (HEFSR Rule 4).
- Create Case
- Submit Filing on an Existing Case
- Manage Cases
- Manage Payments
- User Administration
- Document Subscription
JEFS Firm and Organization Administrator Info
- Request set up for a new firm; new firm name and/or organization administrator
- List of all existing firm codes for JEFS account registration (10/11/19)
Hawaii Electronic Filing and Service Rules
Other civil-related court rules changes are summarized in the JEFS User Guides for attorneys
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and other applicable state and federal laws, if you require an accommodation for a disability when working with a court program, service, or activity, please contact the Office on Equality and Access to the Courts at 808-539-4860 or via email at email@example.com at least 10 working days before the activity date.