Basic Orientation Workshop
The Basic Orientation Workshop (BOW) is the first of three mandatory minimum requirements to interpret in the Hawai‘i state courts. The BOW is a two-day orientation seminar which provides an introduction to the requirements of the Hawai‘i State Judiciary Court Interpreter Certification Program.
BOW participants will be introduced to:
- the approval and registration process of the Hawai‘i State Judiciary Court Interpreter Certification Program;
- the examinations administered to court interpreters and how to prepare for them;
- an overview of the knowledge, skills and abilities that court interpreters must possess to perform as a court interpreter;
- the role and basic ethics of court interpreters;
- an overview of courtroom procedures and legal processes; and
- resources for the professional development of court interpreters.