Effective Dec. 1, all hearings originally scheduled for South Kohala District Court will be held at the Keahuolu Courthouse (Kona) or Hale Kaulike Courthouse (Hilo). For assistance, call 808-322-8700 (Keahuolu) or 808-961-7470 (Hale Kaulike) or email: email@example.com.
Reporting Protective Order Violations
When the temporary restraining order (TRO) is violated, follow these steps:
- Call 911 immediately to report abuse or any violation of your TRO. Even if you cannot get to the telephone at the time of the TRO violation, report the violation to the police as soon as possible. Do this every time your TRO is violated.
- After a police officer arrives, be sure to provide detailed information. Let police know if you think the respondent may have a weapon.
- Show the TRO to the police and tell them how the respondent violated it.
- Provide the police with as much evidence as possible – taped phone conversations, dates of other violations, witnesses, damaged property, medical records and visible injuries.
- Describe previous TRO violations, reported or not.
After communicating with police officers, please make sure the case is documented.