Skip to Main Nav Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

Criminal Cases

Lawyer Referral and Information Service

The Lawyer Referral and Information Service is sponsored by the Hawai’i State Bar Association, and is a free service providing names and contact information of attorneys handling criminal cases. While the referral service is free, you will need to make your own fee arrangement with the lawyer.

Phone: (808) 537-9140

If You Cannot Afford an Attorney

If you cannot afford a lawyer, the Office of the Public Defender may be able to represent you. Call the Public Defender’s office on your island:

  • O`ahu: (808) 586-2200
  • Maui: (808) 984-5018
  • Hilo: (808) 974-4571
  • West Hawai`i: (808) 373-7562
  • Kaua`i: (808) 274-3418

Non-U.S. Citizens

If you are not a United States citizen, be sure to tell your attorney about your immigration status. You may be deported or removed from the United States if you are convicted of certain offenses. Your attorney can explain the immigration consequences.


Back to Top