Child Support Guidelines (Third Cirucit)
New 2014 Child Support Guidelines have been announced in a Family Court Memorandum (listed below as item #1). State law requires the Family Court, the Child Support Enforcement Agency, and the Office of Child Support Hearings to use these Guidelines for all child support cases.
The 2014 Child Support Guidelines and forms (listed as items 2 to #8) go into effect on February 15, 2015.
- Family Court Memorandum dated January 15, 2015. (Guidelines are effective February 15, 2015.)
- 2014 Hawai`i Child Support Guidelines (All child support cases must follow these Guidelines.)
- 2014 Child Support Guidelines Excel Worksheets (Use these electronic worksheets to compute child support automatically.)
4. The Worksheets in #3 are provided separately below as #4a, #4b, and #4c for those who want to print the blank forms to fill in by hand. Persons needing assistance to complete these worksheets can go to the Self-Help Centers located at:
- Hale Kaulike, 777 Kilauea Avenue, Hilo, Hawai`i 96720, (Hours: Tuesdays and Friday 11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m., First Floor)
Keahuolū Courthouse, 74-5451 Kamakaeha Avenue, Kona, Hawaii 96740 (Hours: Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., located at desk in back of Law Library
4a. Child Support Guidelines Worksheet (This is Appendix A-1 to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines and is part of the electronic Worksheets. Appendix A-2 is a sample Child Support Guidelines Worksheet and accompanying Instructions.)
4b. Extensive Time-Sharing Worksheet (This is Appendix B-1 to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines and is part of the electronic Worksheets. Appendix B-2 is a sample Equal Time-Sharing Calculation, Appendix B-3 is a sample Extensive Time-Sharing Calculation, and Appendix B-4 is a sample Split Custody Calculation and accompanying Instructions.)
4c. Exceptional Circumstances Form (This is Appendix C-1 to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines and is part of the electronic Worksheets. Appendix C-2 is a sample 70% of Net Income Request, Appendix C-3 is a sample Additional Children Request, and accompanying Instructions.)
5. Table of Incomes (This is Appendix D to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines.)
6. Worksheet for Self-Employed Individuals With Income Over $13,000 Per Month. (This is Appendix E to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines.)
7. Checklist of Essential Information (This is Appendix F to the 2014 Child Support Guidelines.)
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and other applicable state and federal laws, if you require accommodation for a disability, please contact the ADA Coordinator at the Third Circuit Administration Office by telephone at 961-7422, fax 961-7411, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least ten (10) days prior to your hearing or appointment date.
Please call the Family Court at 961-7500 (Hilo) or 443-2112 (Kona) if you have any questions about forms or procedures.