Skip to Main Nav Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

13. How do I postpone my hearing?

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 in

In order to postpone/continue your hearing, you must prepare and file a Request for Continuance/Notice of Continued Administrative Hearing with the ADLRO prior to your scheduled hearing date and time.  Required forms are available on this website.

You must state the specific reason(s) you are seeking a continuance, for example, need more time to consult with attorney, will be off-island on the scheduled hearing date, etc., in order for your request to be considered.  If your request is approved, a “Respondent’s Continuance” will be granted and you will be notified by mail of the new hearing date and time. Your Temporary Permit will not be extended and the revocation period will commence as stated in the review decision if you are granted a Respondent’s Continuance.