Judiciary systems including JEFS, eCourt Kokua, and Document Drop-off will be unavailable due to maintenance work beginning midnight Friday, September 23, to noon, Sunday, September 25. If work is completed sooner, systems may be restored earlier. Applications, including eReminder, eJuror, and eTraffic will not be affected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Applicants Sought for Hawaii Elections CommissionPosted on May 17, 2018 in News & Reports, Press Releases
Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark E. Recktenwald has been notified by the State of Hawaii Elections Commission of the need to appoint two members to the commission to fill the following vacancies, under the authority conferred by Hawaii Revised Statutes Section 11-7(c), and in the absence of a Senate Minority Leader:
1) The term of Charles King (County of Kauai) that expired on April 20, 2018, and
2) The term of Patricia Berg (County of Kauai) that will expire on June 30, 2018.
As vacancies on the commission shall be filled with a person from the same county as the departing elections commission member, Chief Justice Recktenwald is soliciting applications from residents of the County of Kauai. Please note that persons currently taking an active part in political management or in political campaigns cannot serve on the commission.
Any resident of the County of Kauai who is interested in serving on the State of Hawaii Elections Commission should submit a resume and cover letter that includes the following information:
- A statement explaining why he or she is qualified to serve on the commission.
- Education and employment history.
- A list of immediate relatives who serve in elected office.
- A disclosure of any pending litigation, tax, or criminal matter, any potential conflict of interest with regard to the duties of the commission, or anything else that could adversely affect your ability to serve on the commission.
- The names and contact information of three references.
Cover letters and resumes may be sent to:
Chief Justice Mark E. Recktenwald
Supreme Court of Hawaii
417 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
Resumes must be post-marked, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered no later than Thursday, May 31, 2018. The names of all applicants will be made public. Once appointed, the individuals’ terms will be effective through June 30, 2022.
More information about the Commission can be found in Chapter 11 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes and on the commission’s website.