Skip to Main Nav Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

17.4 If I have an ignition interlock permit (IIP) and buy a new vehicle, will I need to apply for a new IIP if I get the ignition interlock device (IID) installed in my new vehicle?

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 in

No.  Once an IIP is issued, it authorizes you to drive any vehicle with a properly installed IID.  Note that any vehicle you operate with an IID must be properly insured at all times in accordance with HRS 431:10C-104 or HRS 431:10C-105.  No other action is required on your part with respect to the ADLRO.

However, although not required, you have the option to notify the ADLRO of your new vehicle and provide a copy of your new IID installation agreement from SmartStart, along with proof of valid insurance for the new vehicle.  If you provide this information to the ADLRO, we will enter it into your case file in the event any questions arise in the future regarding the IIP and your operation of that vehicle.