Video Series: Tips from the Bench and Bar
The Hawai`i State Judiciary is pleased to announce the availability of a video program entitled ”Tips from the Bench and Bar.” A special project of the Hawai`i Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism, the program features Hawai`i Supreme Court justices, Intermediate Court of Appeals judges, and practitioners who frequently practice in Hawai`i appellate courts, who are interviewed on practical matters of how to handle an appeal in Hawai`i.
Windows Media Video
- Introduction [2:20]
- Background: How Cases Get to the Hawai`i Appellate Courts [18:34]
- The Importance of Making a Record in the Trial Court [16:43]
- The Rules of Appellate Procedure [9:07]
- Considerations in Selecting Issues to be Appealed and Argued [20:16]
- Written Briefs [24:03]
- Oral Argument [52:19]
- Courtroom Etiquette, Civility, and Credibility [14:06]
- Closing Comments by Chief Justice [2:58]
The Judiciary is working to ensure that the videos above are accessible to persons with disabilities. If you have a disability and are unable to access the videos, please contact a Judiciary Disability Accommodations Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.