Welcome to the Hawai`i bar application website. If you are interested in applying for the Hawai`i bar, please read the information below.
Examination Dates & Application Deadlines
If you want to sit for the:
Bar examinations are given on Tuesday and Wednesday during the week of the last Wednesday of February and July.
The Hawaii Board of Examiners recommends for admission to the bar individuals who have demonstrated minimum competency and requisite character. The Board may recommend for admission only applicants who have proven a record of conduct that will justify the trust of clients, adversaries, courts, and others with respect to professional responsibilities. See, e.g., Rule 1.3 of the Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii and In re W.D.P., 104 Hawaii 435, 91 P.3d 1078 (2004).
Please direct all electronic Bar Application questions to the SCCO (Supreme Court Clerks Office) help line at 539-4789, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. HST. For other general questions regarding the Bar Application, please email email@example.com or call the Board of Examiners Office at 539-4977.
Main Bar Application Page
- Contact Us
- ADA Policy & Instructions for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations
- Board of Examiners Rules
- Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii, Rule 1
Bar Application and Related Links
- eBar Application
- Hawaii Bar Application Instructions
- ExamSoft Laptop Testing Registration
- National Conference of Bar Examiners
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Contacts for Certificates of Good Standing
- eBar App Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms (Download and Print)
- Hawaii Bar Exam Components and Subjects
- Hawaii Bar Exam Where & When
- Paper Application for Bar Exam
- Scanning Documents