Skip to Content

Immigration Cases

Lawyer Referral and Information Service

The Lawyer Referral and Information Service is sponsored by the Hawai’i State Bar Association, and is a free service that provides names and contact information of attorneys who handle immigration-related cases. While the referral service is free, you will need to make your own fee arrangement with the lawyer.

Phone: (808) 537-9140

If You Cannot Afford an Attorney

  • If you live on O`ahu, the Hawaii Immigrant Justice Center (HIJC), at the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii, may be able to help you. HIJC provides legal assistance to persons with immigration-related problems. They help abused immigrant spouses and children, immigrants in removal proceedings, asylum seekers and naturalization applicants.

    Phone: (808) 536-8826

  • Volunteer Legal Services of Hawai`i – This non-profit organization may be able to find an attorney who will handle your case.

    Phone: O`ahu – (808) 528-7046; Neighbor Islands toll-free – 1-800-839-5200


Back to Top